What is crowd sourcing?
It's the process of obtaining needed services, ideas, or content by getting contributions from a large group of people, and especially from an online community, rather than from traditional employees or suppliers. (from Wikipedia)
Keeping ideas fresh is important for ECEs, and staying on top of collective ideas in the field is easier now with online access to pages, blogs, groups, and feeds. It's almost too easy with a virtual sea of information out there.
If you want to get connected but feel too overwhelmed to start, bookmark some of these online sources as starting points: from programming to the latest news in the field, these pages are great if you've ever wanted to:
- Follow a Google+ page: https://plus.google.com/+100DaysofChildCareProgramming/posts
- Join a Google + community: https://plus.google.com/communities/109803947056484541234
- Follow a Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/FDKSandbox
- Follow a Pinterest page: http://www.pinterest.com/algonquinece/
- Listen to a veteran voice in child care: http://www.childcarecanada.org/blogs/martha-friendly