SO IT'S YOUR TURN TO DO CIRCLE?
Have your materials ready to go and organized long before you start.
· Choose a place that is away from toys and other distractions.
· Review the get together respects before you start: one person speaks at a time, hands to yourself . . .
· Use physical space indicators (circles, names, rugs, cushions etc.)
Start with something that will capture the children's attention: songs, rhymes, opening chant.
· Use an animated voice when reading stories.
· Try to incorporate props (felt boards story, puppets, soft toy)
· Use the children's names to gain their attention.
· Use materials that will engage the children and allow them to actively participate.
Close the circle with something familiar that will always indicate the time is over.